1. The head of AI and Big Data Lab, Professor Guosheng Yin, is the head of Department of Statistics & Actuarial Science, HKU. He got his Ph.D. degree in Biostatistics UNC at Chapel Hill. He used to be the associate professor of University of Texas, MD ANDERSON CANCER CENTER, and the associate professor of Hong Kong University. His research interest includes adaptive methods for modern clinical trials, survival analysis, bayesian analysis. He has published more than 160 academic papers on top journals such as Journal of the Royal Statistical Society，Biometrics，Biometrika. His google index is up to 3000 times. His personal homepage is https://web.hku.hk/~gyin/
2. The project instructor, Dr. Jinfeng Xu, is the associate professor of department of Statistics & Actuarial Science, HKU. He got his Ph.D. degree in statistics Columbia University. He used to be the chief data scientist and statistician of New York University Medical School Alzheimer’s Disease Center and Cardiovascular Center. His research interest includes survival analysis, non-parameter inference, semi-parameter inference and high dimensional data analysis. He has published more than 60 academic papers at multiple fields like statistics, bioinformatics, econometrics and medicine on top journals such as Journal of the American Statistical Association, Journal of Econometrics, New England Journal of Medicine, Journal of the American Medical Association. His google index is up to 900 times.
3. Dr. Bin Liu is the Post-doc of department of Statistics & Actuarial Science, HKU. He got his CS Ph.D. degree from UESTC. He is also the associate professor of SWUFE. His research interest include statistical machine learning and data mining. He has published more than 10 papers on journals and conferences like Cognitive Computation ，Neural Networks，ACML，ICC.
4. Dr. Xu Xu is the Global clinical drug develop director of Johnson & Johnson Pharmaceuticals. He got his Ph.D. at Rutgers University on Public medical health. His research interest is drug re-determination development based on artificial intelligence methods. He has more than 15 years of drug discovery experience in pharmaceutical companies and has led several major drug development projects in immunology, neurology, and cardiovascular diseases with significant success. He has repeatedly won the Hoffmann Research Scientist Award, the Innovation Invention Award, and the Outstanding Leadership Award at Johnson & Johnson Pharmaceuticals for his leadership in the development of Darzalex sBLA, Darzalex BLA, ZYTIGATM sNDA, XARELTO®, Nucynta® ER, Nucynta® IR and their approval by the US Food and Drug Administration. He has published more than 60 academic papers on many top journals.
5. Dr. Xiang Li is the senior biostatistician of Johnson & Johnson Pharmaceuticals. His research interests include biology and medical, and the development and application of artificial intelligence for diagnosing big data. He has published more than 50 academic papers in the fields of biomedicine and informatics.
6. Professor Yaning Yang is currently a professor in the Department of Statistics and Finance, China University of Science and Technology. His research fields are genome-wide association analysis and bioinformatics. He has been elected to the 100-person program of the Chinese Academy of Sciences. He has published more than 50 academic papers in top international journals in the fields of biomedicine and statistical information. He has been an assistant researcher at Rockefeller University in the United States.
7. Professor Zemin Zheng is currently a professor of Statistics and Finance at the University of Science and Technology of China. He received his doctorate from the University of Southern California. His research fields include high-dimensional statistical inference, variable selection, classification and related big data problems.
8. Professor Min Yuan is the professor of Medical University Of Anhui, statistics department. Her research interests are genetic statistics, medical statistics, including whole genome ADNI data in Alzheimer's disease susceptibility gene detection, brain image data analysis. She used to visit Columbia University, Statistics Department, the National Institutes of health, National University of Singapore, University of Hong Kong. She has won the National Fund Committee, the Ministry of education of University Youth Fund, special fund, China Bohou foundation supported by special plane and funding, the Provincial Education Department of natural science research projects etc.. She has published more than ten SCI papers in Statistical Methods in Medical Research, Statistical Inference and its Interface, AAPS Journal, British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology and other biological statistics and clinical pharmacology.
9. Hangzhou team is consisting of Dr. Xifen Huang, Dr. Jiarui Zhang, Xiaofan Que and Fei Zhu